Monday 4 March 2013

Charleston SC / Mt. Pleasant

Welcome Back.. This entry finds us  in the Southern Historic Town of  Charleston/ Mt.Pleasant SC

What a great historic city.. The old wooden building  with wooden bric-brac on there front veranda large wooden rocking chair  on almost every porch - decorated with  bright floral cushions .. also seen many brick homes..The long tree lined carriage lanes with  many little reconstructed coach house , this is where the workers lived and cooked for their Masters that lived in the large house out front.  We had friends that were staying in a coach  I was so excited to be able to view one..- they were so quaint and well done  They left some of the old stone and brick walls exposed from yesteryear.. Oh if those walls could talk ...
We spend time strolling  about this  Old Southern Town greeted by  such gracious people and plenty of Southern hospitality- The large  enclosed market had many vendors-- selling  some handmade items,  I was a little disappointed with some of the vendors wares.. It seemed they had the same old merchandise I have seen in big box stores- hats- signs- soaps- candy it all gets a little tiring when you expect something with a little more creativity . The Main Street had the same type of  stores you would see in any city  except in historic store fronts.. . But I guess that is what attracts the customers. Not every one likes my taste.. But I am not complaining , for I am very lucky to enjoy this trip and this town..We did enjoy the  old street, the architecture- - and  beautiful gardens. Had a great meal in a very good French  bistro with friends  then back to the hotel for the night..
Today. Monday Mar 4 th . We headed across the large bridge over the Cooper River to Mt. Pleasant.. The day is cold but sunny. I checked out a few thrift stores but nothing cried out "take me home." .Hubby dropped me at an Antique Mall while he went to explore a military aircraft carrier.. So we both would be happy for a few hrs Doing our on thing. My browsing gave me plenty of enjoyment and some great ideas and they cost nothing..
The Lofty Lion.. Photos soon
 Tell next time.. DON'T STEP IN ANY MUDDY PUDDLES...

No comments:

Post a Comment