Saturday 2 March 2013

Estate Sale Items

Welcome Back.. Vintage hunting..
Well it has been an interesting adventure .. Fri am We headed to the estate sale..the address took us to  a long rambling neglected  1950- 60 dated bungalow in its time was a wonderful estate.. It even had a large  cement pool over looking a river  'empty now '. As we made our way up the long dirt driveway.. We  encounter unkept  but still struggling  to bloom rosebushes into bright red flowers.
Once we opened the old dark panelled door you entered the main  hallway .. The  furniture is lined up along the faded vintage wallpaper walls--- old wooden Chairs - tables - cabinets along with faded but expensive Persian  rugs..looked like the owner still occupied the home..but she  died at 70 a few months ago..
We decided to head down a long narrow hallway on our left to avoid the crowds . This took us toward a bathroom along with a big master bedroom.. The large queen bed was piled high with soft goods-Linens- blankets- clothing- material 'Wow' was I in my glory..as I look at hubby  his eyes started to glazed over .. I suggested nicely for him to go and scout out some old books , that we read on the  listing ,that would keep him busy while I rummaged through this pile!! I was in my element --vintage silk scarves - linens-  toile material -the large cluttered  bathroom off the bedroom there sat  a Remington cameo razors in  a small  teal blue vintage case. In the large  walk in closet hung jackets- dresses- lining the floor were vintage shoes.. I thought to myself .. Good thing this sale is over 3 days-- for I need to come back - which we did !!
Hubby returned with an arm full of vintage books ...  1940 "Gone The  Wind"  along with a couple of vintage school readers- old photos etc.. We stay for a little over an hr.. But decided it was time to leave, didn't want hubby  to get frustrated .. I knew we would be coming back tomorrow-- Even though he didn't !!     Watch for photos of all my treasures in the next few weeks.. I have stashed  them  safely  in the car for the long journey home..
Take care.. Just a quote my 3 yr old granddaughter says when we say goodbye to her on FaceTime

                              Bye. Nana&Papa   ' "Don't Step in Any Muddy Puddles "..



No comments:

Post a Comment